FAQ iBody english
- How to delete an entry (weight, blood pressure, fitness):
To delete an entry, just slide your finger horizontally across the item until the Delete button appears. Then you are able to delete the entry by tapping the delete button.
- I cannot start the app or the app is closing itself or crashing:
Please restart your iPhone. Large apps like iBody or iLoseWeight need some more memory then smaller apps and many apps don’t clean their memory after finishing. Because there is no garbage collector in Apples Cocoa Touch like in other developing systems the developer is responsable to clean the memory himself and unfortunaly many developers doing this because they haven’t to do so in their old developing system.
So if you use such apps (you don’t have a chance to check their memory management) often you have to reboot your iPhone regulary.
To do so use the following instructions:
- hold down the sleep button at the top right-hand corner of the iPhone for a few seconds.
- this will bring up a screen asking you to run the slider across the screen to turn the phone off.
- slide the slider to the right, a progress wheel will appear and in a second or two, the iPhone will be off.
- to turn it back on again, just hold down the sleep/wake button again until the Apple icon appears on the screen and then wait for the phone to start up.
- Battery saving tip
For best battery life time on long trackings start playing some music with the iPod App in the background (if you don’t like to listen to the music on your exercises just turn the volume off). If iPod is running in the background you can savely put the iPhone in sleep mode by pushing the sleep button at the to right-hand corner of the iPhone. Without iPod the GPS receiver would also go to sleep mode (would be bad on tracking), but if iPod is playing the GPS continue work. So this trick is - on our opinion - the best way to save battery power, better then darking the screen via app function. Important is the use of iBody in the foreground because Apple don’t allow any background execution of third party apps.
Bad GPS data receiving (iPhone 3G)
Sometimes you get bad GPS data by the receiver, so these are some points that could help you:
- turn off Wifi and Bluetooth while tracking (save battery power too)
- turn off and on the GPS receiver (Settings/General/Location Services)
- turn off and on your iPhone